You Will Need:
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoons ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- 1 eggplant, cut into 2 cm chunks
- 1 red capsicum, cut into 2 cm chunks
- 1 onion, cut into wedges
- 1 zucchini, cut into 2 cm chunks
Moroccan Eggplant and Capsicum Kebabs
Vegetable kebabs may seem an old-fashioned idea, but here they’re combined with spices to make them more palatable for modern tastes.
- Mix the garlic, spices, salt, pepper and oil. Toss with the vegetables until coated and marinate for 1 hour so all the flavours can infuse.
- Thread the vegetables onto 10 skewers.
- Put the kebabs on a hot barbecue and cook for 10–15 minutes, turning 3–4 times.
Recipe thanks to Allan Campion and Michele Curtis
This and other recipes can be found at: WhyVeg.com/recipes
WhyVeg.com is an initiative of Animals Australia.