You Will Need:
- 1 tin brown lentils
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, grated
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tomato, chopped finely and deseeded
- 3 tbsp rice flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 egg substitute
- 1 tsp mustard, from jar
- breadcrumbs or rice crumbs
Easy Lentil Burgers
Very simple, yet tastes great. Can be taken to BBQs and cooked. Suitable for Celiacs if using the rice crumbs.
- Put all ingredients into food processor and blend.
- Form into patties and coat each with either breadcrumbs or rice crumbs.
- Fry in olive oil or on the BBQ.
Include grated zucchini, potato or even pumpkin. Use tinned lentils for convenience or cook your own to make the same amount. Use green lentils in place of brown.
This and other recipes can be found at: WhyVeg.com/recipes
WhyVeg.com is an initiative of Animals Australia.