You Will Need:
- 2 cups finely shredded white cabbage
- Tin of chickpeas (pref organic)
- 1 large(or 2 small) firm but ripe avocado
- 1/3 cup of sun-dried tomatoes(not in oil)chopped
- 3 spring onions sliced
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup chopped parsley
- "Garlic and herb salt"
- Olive oil
- Five or six stoned black olives (optional)
Egyptian Chickpea & Avocado Salad
Very healthy with four veggies, plus pulses, and low fat. It's also amazingly easy to make and delicious - and looks very pretty on the table!
- Put shredded cabbage in bowl.
- Add chopped sun-dried tomatoes, finely sliced spring onions,finely chopped parsley and sliced black olives if using.
- Drain chickpeas and add.
- Carefully mix in chopped avocado.
- Sprinkle with "garlic and herb salt" to taste.
- Carefully mix through about one or two dessertspoons of olive oil.
- Serve. Can be prepared ahead. Best served on same day but pretty good the next day too.
You can vary the amounts of each vegetable depending on what's available. If you use 2 avocados it means you can use less oil.
Recipe thanks to Janet Adams
This and other recipes can be found at: WhyVeg.com/recipes
WhyVeg.com is an initiative of Animals Australia.