You Will Need:
- 2 potatoes, peeled & chopped
- 1/4 pumpkin, peeled & chopped
- 1 sweet potato, peeled & chopped
- 1 capsicum, chopped
- 1/2 bunch celery, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- A handful of pine nuts
Roast Vegetable Salad
It's easy, delicious and colourful too!
- Preheat oven to 180 C.
- In a bowl, put the chopped potatoes, pumpkin and sweet potato (pieces should all be roughly the same size) a drizzle with half the oil.
- Put this all on a tray into the oven for about 40 minutes, or until vegies are almost cooked (this will depend on the size of the pieces).
- In the same bowl, put the capsicum, celery and pine nuts, then add the remaining oil and combine.
- Once other veggies are almost cooked, put the second lot on a separate tray into the oven and cook until pine nuts are golden.
- Put all the cooked veggies & nuts in a large bowl and combine before serving.
You can substitute other vegetables like zucchini or carrot - whatever you've got in the fridge.
Recipe thanks to Jess Allison
This and other recipes can be found at: WhyVeg.com/recipes
WhyVeg.com is an initiative of Animals Australia.