You Will Need:
- 1/2 cup dried dates, chopped coarsely
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/4 apple sauce
- 3/4 cup raw sugar
- 1 cup wholemeal flour, sifted
- 1/4 cup (35g) plain flour, sifted
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 medium bananas - mashed
- 1/4 tsp salt
Banana Date Slice
Easy and keeps about a week in the fridge. Great for lunch boxes!
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees Celsius. Grease 25cm x 30cm pan.
- Combine dates and the water in small saucepan; bring to a boil. Simmer for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened stirring constantly. Set aside to cool.
- Place flour, baking powder and nutmeg in a bowl. Stir in bananas, date mixture and oil. Spread the batter evenly into the tin.
- Bake in moderate oven about 30 minutes or until firm; stand 20 minutes.
Try adding walnuts for extra nutrition.
This and other recipes can be found at: WhyVeg.com/recipes
WhyVeg.com is an initiative of Animals Australia.