You Will Need:
- Vegetarian burger patties
- Burger buns
- Dairy-free cheese - try 'Biocheese' slices
- Onions, chopped
- Tomato, sliced
- Lettuce leaves, washed
- Cucumber, sliced
- Beetroot, canned, sliced
- Pineapple, fresh or canned, sliced
- Tomato sauce
- Small amount of oil for frying
Meat-free Aussie Burger
Full of fresh summer flavours, this yummy burger is sure to be a hit at your next BBQ!
- Fry onion slices in a little bit of oil until they soften and brown slightly.
- Cook veggie patties according to packet directions.
- Split burger buns and toast lightly under the grill or in a sandwich press.
- Assemble burgers! Layer bun, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, dairy-free cheese, burger patty, onions, beetroot and pineapple.
- Top with tomato sauce to taste, and add the burger bun top.
- Serve to a round of applause.
Try different salad veggies, and condiments like mustard and barbecue sauce.
This and other recipes can be found at: WhyVeg.com/recipes
WhyVeg.com is an initiative of Animals Australia.