You Will Need:
- 1 avocado, halved, stone removed, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, finely chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 125g (1/2 cup) egg-free mayo (try Kingland or Praise Lite Mayo)
- 1 tbs tomato sauce
- 2 tsp anchovy-free worcestershire sauce (try Spring Gully brand)
- 1 tbs fresh lemon juice
- 6 drops red Tabasco pepper sauce
- 8 iceberg lettuce leaves
- 24 large vegetarian prawns (try 2 pkts Lamyong vegan prawns)
- Lemon wedges, to serve
Enjoy an ocean-friendly festive favourite this Summer!
- Combine the avocado, cucumber and onion in a medium bowl.
- Whisk together the mayo, tomato sauce, worcestershire sauce, lemon juice and tabasco in a bowl.
- Line each serving glass with 1 lettuce leaf.
- Finely shred the remaining lettuce leaves and divide among the glasses.
- Top with the avocado mixture and vegetarian prawns.
- Drizzle over the mayonnaise mixture.
- Serve with lemon wedges.
This and other recipes can be found at: WhyVeg.com/recipes
WhyVeg.com is an initiative of Animals Australia.