It's the perfect treat. It is inexpensive, tasty and most importantly cruelty free. It's the cheese cake you love, gone vegan for the animals!
- 2 containers of plain nondairy cream cheese (Try Tofutti Better than Cream Cheese)
- 1 cup of sugar
- Juice of 1 whole lemon
- 2 Tablespoons of cornstarch
- Dash of vanilla
- Graham-cracker crust
- Fresh raspberries or canned cherry pie filling
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- In a blender or food processor, thoroughly blend together the nondairy cream cheese, sugar, lemon juice, cornstarch, and vanilla and pour into the graham-cracker crust.
- Bake for 60 minutes, or until the top is golden brown.
- Allow to cool to room temperature and then cover the top of the cheesecake with fresh fruit or pie filling and chill in the refrigerator until firm, several hours or overnight.
It's very easy to modify the recipe to your favourite filling.
In the place of cherries or raspberries another fruit like passionfruit, orange or banana for example could be used for a new flavour!