An irresistible animal-free lasagne that the entire family will enjoy, vegetarian and non-vegetarian alike!
- Thinly sliced pumpkin
- 1 bunch silverbeet, washed and chopped coursely
- 350-500 g sliced mushrooms
- olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 800 g can diced tomatoes
- 500 g soy cream cheese (try Kingland soy cream cheese)
- 3/4 cup soy milk
- 2 tspn 'Egg-Like' or 'No Egg'
- lasagne sheets
- sesame seeds, roasted
- Preheat oven to 200C
- Line baking dish with baking paper
- Spray oil on pumpkin and roast till cooked
- Heat oil in large saucepan on high
- Saute onion and garlic for 2-3 minutes until tender
- Stir in tomato.
- Remove from pan and set aside
- Wipe out pan
- Heat more oil on high
- Saute mushrooms for 2-3 minutes, until tender
- Add silverbeet, lower heat
- Cover and cook, stirring occasionally 1-2 minutes till wilted
- Season to taste
- In a blender, mix soy cream cheese, soy milk and No-Egg
- Assemble lasagne in large baking dish, layering various ingredients with lasagne sheets to own pattern, leaving sufficient soy cream cheese mix to cover top layer of lasagne sheets
- sprinkle sesame seeds over top
- Cover with aluminium foil
- Bake 35-40 minutes until tender
Be creative with the veggies you use to make this recipe your very own. For a lighter filling, substitute the soy cream cheese with silken tofu.
Recipe with thanks to Charmian Beabout