Cranberry Apple Crisp
The perfect recipe to warm up a chilly winter eve! This classic recipe is guaranteed to make the whole family smile.
- 5 medium Granny Smith Apples, peeled, cored, and sliced in fourths.
- 16 oz of fresh cranberries or 1 16 oz can of whole berry cranberry sauce
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/4 cup vegan margarine
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Place sliced apples in a 9"x13" pan.
- If using fresh cranberries, put 1 cup water, 1 cup sugar, and 16 oz of fresh cranberries in a sauce pan and bring to a boil until cranberries "pop." Cool for 10 minutes.
- Combine cranberries, sugar, and flour in a bowl. Toss mixture in with apples.
- Combine nuts, oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, flour, and margarine in a bowl. Sprinkle evenly over apple cranberry mixture.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until top is golden brown and fruit is tender.
Recipe thanks to vegan.org