Making your own sweets can be lots of fun - children have a great time with this too! They are also nice gifts if placed in a pretty box or packet.
- Vegan chocolate - I recommend Maya Gold for these - it's orange spiciness is perfect for this time of year.
- Nuts of your choice (hazel, walnut, pecan, almond, brazil)
- Vegan marzipan (many supermarkets stock this)
- Desiccated coconut
- Icing sugar
- Crystalised angelica (or green glace cherries)
- Glace cherries
- Flaked almonds
- It's very simple! Melt the chocolate and then dip things in it - nuts, marzipan balls, dates - and then place them on a sheet of grease-proof paper to set.
- Decorate with angelica, glace cherries (can be made to look like holly) and flaked almonds before the chocolate sets and then you can sprinkle with cocoa, coconut or icing sugar.
- Dates can be de-stoned and stuffed with marzipan for a non-chocolate treat.
- Place in petit four cases and enjoy!
Recipe and photo credit: Vegan Family House