Lemon Sago Delight
Easy and cheap! A fresh light dessert made from old fashioned ingredients.
- 2/3rd cup of sago (tapioca seed)
- 750gm boiling water
- Juice from one lemon (and add water or orange juice to make up 150ml)
- 2 tblsp of raw sugar
- Finely grated rind of the lemon
- Tblspn of 'Golden Syrup'
- Coconut cream to serve
- Add boiling water to sago in a saucepan over medium heat
- Cook for 15 minutes (approx), stirring frequently, until most seeds are opaque
- Add juice/water, sugar and lemon rind in another saucepan and heat to combine
- Combine both mixtures in once saucepan
- Add golden syrup and stir well
- Place in a large serving dish and allow to cool, refrigerate
- Drizzle coconut cream to serve