This recipe is cheesy (without cheese) and easy and really nutritious. It is a great lunch time meal.
- 1 medium-large zucchini diced (optional - peeled - it will give the filling a smoother texture, but if you're lazy you can leave the skin on).
- 1 onion - diced
- 1 clove of garlic - minced
- 2 tomatoes diced (or equivalent canned)
- 1 cup cooked kidney beans
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast (the more you use the more cheesy it becomes)
- dash of hot sauce
- salt to taste
- 4 tortillas
- Sauté onion and garlic in oil or water until browned.
- Add tomatoes and zucchini and simmer (on low-medium) until they are soft and most of the liquid has evaporated.
- In a bowl, mash the kidney beans. Add the zucchini mixture, nutritional yeast, salt and hot sauce. Mash until it forms a paste (peeled zucchini will make a lot smoother mixture).
- Heat tortilla in a non-stick fry pan. Once it is soft spoon about 1/4 of bean mixture onto the tortilla and fold in half.
- Cook on both sides until the mixture is heated through and the tortilla is a little crispy.
- Serve on its own or with a salad (or try with chopped avocado and tomato).
Try changing the type of beans; any white beans would also work.
Recipe thanks to Georgia Chapman