Makes 15 - 20 (depending how big you make the bars)
Preparation: 45 mins (including 15 mins prep and 30 mins cooking time)
Spiced Pita Chips
Bandung Milk Drink
Easy peasy meat-free sausage rolls
Cheezy-mite Damper Scrolls
< More recipes
Chewy Oatmeal Bars
This recipe is protein packed energy bar. Cook it once and your guests won't stop raving about it!
- 3/4 cup sultanas
- 1/4 cup white flour
- 1/4 cup wholemeal flour
- 1/2 tsp. bicarb soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup silken tofu
- egg substitute for 1 egg (try Organ No-egg)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 175°C. Spray a 20cm x 20cm glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- Soak sultanas in boiling water and set aside for 10 to 15 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine both flours, bicarb soda, salt, cinnamon and oats.
- Drain sultanas and set aside.
- Blend tofu in a food processer until smooth. 6. Add egg substitute, oil, sugar, maple syrup and vanilla. Process until mixture is smooth. Stop and scrape down the sides with rubber spatula in the middle.
- Add flour mixture, sultanas and walnuts to the food processor. Pulse on/off until all the ingredients mixed.
- Turn the mixture into the dish and spread into an even layer.
- Bake until light golden and firm to the touch, approx 30-35 minutes.
- When done, remove from oven and cool in the pan. Cut into bars.
- Bars can be kept in an airtight container for up to 5 days or in the freezer for many months.
Try adding some chopped walnuts in with the sultanas.
Recipe thanks to Georgia Chapman