Grilled Zucchini with Creamy Tzatziki
Garlicky grilled zucchini combines with zesty dairy-free tzatziki, offering a taste of the Greek Archipelago in every mouthful. Cross the globe and serve alongside some Smoky Mango-Chipotle Tofu for a real barbeque treat.
- 4 zucchinis, sliced length or widthways into 1/2cm slices
- 2 cloves of garlic, very thinly sliced or crushed
- a pinch of dried oregano
- a pinch of dried dill
- salt and pepper
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 4-6 tablespoons of olive oil
- red chilli, chopped, for garnish (optional)
- Place one layer of zucchini slices in a container (that has a tight lid). Sprinkle with a little of the garlic and dried herbs, then arrange another layer of zucchini. Continuing layering until you've used all the zucchini.
- Sprinkle over the salt and pepper, then the lemon juice and olive oil. Put the lid on the container tightly and swirl it around to coat the zucchini slices. Leave to marinate overnight, or for at least an hour.
- Fire up your barbeque over medium heat, and cook each zucchini slice for about 2-3 minutes on each side, or until they've still got a bit of bite but have some nice grill marks. Serve with homestyle creamy tzatziki on the side.