Oh My Pad Thai
- 100g Thai rice noodles
- 200g pack of firm tofu, with the water pressed out & chopped into small cubes
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- 3-4 Spring onions, sliced
- 3 carrots, Julienned or finely sliced
- 1 cup Mung Bean sprouts
- 1 tbsp oil
- The sauce (mix it all together and tweak quantities to taste):
- 1 tbsp tomato puree/sauce
- 1/3 cup warm water
- 2 tbsp Tamari soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/4 tsp chilli flakes
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- Chopped peanuts and fresh coriander to garnish
- Prepare your rice noodles according to the instructions on the back of the box.
- It may say to soak them in boiling water or it may say to boil them in a pot.
- Meanwhile heat the oil in a large frying pan and fry the tofu until lightly browned.
- Add the garlic and stir for 30 seconds.
- Add the prepared rice noodles, carrots and sauce and mix gently. Turn off the heat and fold in the mung bean sprouts and spring onions, then pour into bowls and top with fresh coriander and chopped peanuts.
Recipe credit: Superfood Sioban